The Legal Boffin was inaugurated on the 1st of August 2020. The blog began as a humble initiative by a group of students from the Government Law College, Kozhikode under the guidance of Dr. Saji Kumar N L. We were showered with support from our faculty and our fellow student community. Our vision is to cultivate an interest in the Indian legal landscape by encouraging open dialogues, providing spaces for a free flow of knowledge, and making the skills and resources for legal research and writing accessible to all law students. Over the months we have endeavored to create a platform that would enable law students and law enthusiasts to explore various facets of law and share their knowledge with the world. To this end, we have hosted several webinars, conducted competitive events and encouraged the writing and publications of several legal articles on our blog. Day by Day, our blog has grown and
As our one year anniversary draws nearer, we have decided to celebrate our journey by inviting you to a celebration of knowledge and learning! We are thrilled to announce our very first Article Writing Competition and we invite you to be a part of our celebration.
- The topic of the article can be any contemporary socio-legal issue.
- The competition is open to all law students pursuing their LLB and LLM.
- Submissions for the Article Writing Competition will be accepted from the 25th of June 2021.
The Final Date of submission will be on the 18th of July 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Submission dates are extended to 26th July 2021.
- The winner of the competition and the runner up will be given a cash prize (The amount will be communicated shortly) along with a certificate of merit.
- Top 5 articles will have a chance to be published on our blog with credit.
- Top 10 articles and authors will be given mentioned in our social media.
- Certificates of Participation will be issued for all contestants.
NOTE: Failure to adhere to the rules and guidelines given below will lead to an immediate rejection of your work.
Rules & Guidelines (Non-compliance will lead to rejection)
Any contemporary socio legal issues.
2500 – 4000
- Line Spacing
- After Title : 2
- After Side heading : 1.5
- Body of the text: Single space
- General Alignment & Margins
- Main Headings should be centre aligned
- Side heading must be left aligned
- Body of the text must be justified
- Style: Times New Roman.
- Main heading: Font size 14, Bold.
- Side heading: Font Size 12, Bold.
- Body of the text: Font size 11, Regular.
- Citations: Font size 10.
- Pages must be numbered in the footer.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 2 authors.
- Submissions must be made in PDF format.
- The filename must be saved as Author_Name. (Eg. If your name is “John Doe” please save your file as “John_Doe”)
- Multiple submissions from one author are NOT allowed.
- References and Citations are compulsory and must be referenced in the form of footnotes or bibliography. References and Citations must be authentic and verifiable.
- The level of plagiarism in the submitted text should not exceed 20%, including footnotes.
- The submitted texts must follow the Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition citation style.
- The Last date to submit your work is 18th July 2021, 11:59 PM.
- Your submission must not contain your name or any identifying information in the header, title, body, footnote or any other portions of the text.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK!
About the Organizers
The Legal Boffin is a student-run legal blog born from the joint effort of the students and faculty of the Government Law College, Kozhikode. Our vision is to cultivate an interest in the Indian legal landscape by encouraging open dialogues, providing spaces for a free flow of knowledge, and making the skills and resources for legal research and writing accessible to all law students.
Find us @ https://thelegalboffin.com/ or follow us on Instagram or LinkedIn